These are what I think the 3 best ways to download online streaming videos as and when you find them on the web.
1. This one works the best for me. I use Internet Download Manager, a download manager as the name suggests. It's USP is it can grab any file (almost) from the web.
- Install IDM (It will integrate with Internet Explorer and Mozilla, not with Chrome)
- Open the IDM
- Click on Options
- Add the extension of file you want in file-type (flv in our case)
- Click OK
2. You can use the VideoDownloader Extension in Mozilla. Download speed (all other parameters being the same) is slower than the first method. Also you need to keep the browser open and can't resume the download from last postion, unlike in the first case.
3. A no. of sites where you can paste the link to download. My pick is Keepvid.
4. Techcrunch also offers the youtube downloader as widget. You can have it for your blog !!
For a list of such websites, read more....
In Detail : Best sites to download online flv videos.