- Bollywood actor Katrina Kaif is the most-searched in India.
- ‘recession’ does not figure among the top search for ‘economic terms’
- ‘How to reduce weight’ is a major concern among Indians
- Goa is everyone’s favourite destination.
- Presence of three email services on the mobile query list shows increasing adoption of internet on mobile. People are using their mobiles to email, to check cricket scores, latest news and to know more about Bollywood celebrities.
- The increased traffic on the Indian railways website indicated that Indian users would rather go online than stand in long queues at railway stations.
- The Sixth Pay Commission was also a popular searchword.
Beijing Olympics and IPL made it to to the fastest rising search term in 2008.
- Genelia D’souza of Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na fame was 7th on the list.
- Mahatma Gandhi remained the most popular politician, but interestingly Sarah Palin in third place was more ‘searched’ than Obama at the fifth spot.
- Sania Mirza topped the sportstars leaving behind Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni. The list includes Christiano Ronaldo, Roger Federer and John Cena.
While developing the 2008 report, Google analysed various aspects of the search queries to understand what was on the minds of Internet users in India.
In Detail :