As I mentioned in last Monday's post, I use Total Video Converter to convert files for my Nokia N70 ( S60 2nd edition ). The process is same for other advanced S60 edition mobiles and Ipod except for few steps.
So here are the Simple To Learn steps :
1. Run Total video converter and click on the " New Task " button.
2. Select the " Import File " option.
3. Browse and select your video file from your system.
4. Most Important Step : For s60 2nd and 3rd edition devices select Ms avi > Xvid Mpeg4 avi
For Ipod and Nokia 5800 express music ( S60 5th edition ) , select Mobiles > H264 mp4
5. Now, click on " Settings " button on bottom right corner. Select the Video Resize Tab > Custom Size > Select/Input the size of your device screen ( 320 x 240 is optimum size).
6. Press the " Convert " button and get all your videos reduced to half or less MB's without any loss of quality on your device/gadget.
Simple2Learn Tip : You can check the " Background Converting "option if it takes a lot of your System's Memory.
We can go for tweaking a few options here and there to see what works best for different gadgets. I guess this is enough for one Symbian Monday. Feel free to Disqus.